We carry OMRI certified organic Neem Cake which enriches soil’s natural nutrition. Good soil is the foundation for any beautiful garden!
Neem Cake is made up of neem seed kernels after the oil has been pressed out. It contains nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Additionally, it is a great fertilizer that helps to increase earthworm populations.
Application of Neem Cake:
When preparing for new plants, about 2 – 3 weeks before planting, apply it directly to the soil at a depth of 6 – 8 inches.
For existing plants, apply 3 – 5 oz. per plant, mixing it well with the soil or apply as top dressing around base of plants.
New Lawn Starter Fertilizer is a a must for new lawns including sod grass.
Use while preparing soil for sodding.
Designed to help grass seed and sod develop roots and mature stems before rapid growth begins. Helps sod to establish.
Can be applied with grass seed or immediately after seed is sown.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NEW LAWNS – SODDED PREPARATIONS:
1. Work the soil 3-5 inches deep to a proper grade. Apply ferti-lome NEW LAWN STARTER FERTILIZER using the Spreader Settings in the table below and work into the top 2-3 inches of the soil.
2. Sod as desired.
3. Water thoroughly after sodding. Keep soil constantly moist for several weeks after application or until new grass is securely rooted. Do not keep soil saturated with water.
Lawn Fertilizer and MicroLife Humates Plus Soil Amendment for January and February!
Add MicroLife Humates Plus 0-0-4 soil amendment
as a lawn supplement when fertilizing with For All Seasons II!
Concentrated Compost in a Bag!
- Improves soil and is a plant nutritional booster.
- Helps reduce water use, revitalize soils and reduce weed problems.
- Adds Mycorrhizal Fungi and essential microbes.
- Gives you gorgeous, thick turf and stronger root system.
- Loosens clay soils better and cheaper than gypsum.
- 100% slow release, 1,7% Iron, 2.5% Sulfur. Will not burn and completely safe for all life forms.
All turf and garden areas: 5 – 10 lb per 1,000 sq ft. 1 – 2 times a year.
Building beds: 10 lb per 1,000 sq ft worked into the soil.
Loropetalum Shrubs and More to Start Your Spring!
We have new shrubs in for your gardens! Loropetalum (plum delight), boxwoods, yaupons, Indian Hawthorn, society garlic, Asian jasmine groundcover, liriope and more now at Madison Gardens Nursery!
For All Seasons Lawn Food Plus Crab Grass & Weed Preventer Grass Fertilizer is especially recommended for January and February!
Controls Henbit, Oxalis, Poa Annua, Chickweed, Crabgrass, Foxtail, Purslane, Shepherd’s Purse, Prostrate Spurge, Knotweed and others listed on label.
Apply in early spring or fall 2 to 3 weeks prior to seed germination to obtain control of grassy and broadleaf weeds. Feeds grass, too! For best results, application should be followed by 1/2 inch of rainfall or irrigation.